On Wednesday, the Standing Committee of the National People’s Congress (NPC) voted to ratify two conventions on forced labor. The conventions were established by the International Labor Organization (ILO), which in February...
ILO in Asia and the Pacific
Feb 15, 2022
On Friday, the International Labor Organization (ILO) released its annual report on member nations’ compliance with international labor standards. The 870-page report, written by a 20-person committee of independent...
CDT in the News
- Coda Story – Apple bows to Beijing, again; Turkey blocks social media after Istanbul blast; more Musk mayhem at Twitter
- RFA – ‘Malicious’ anti-lockdown comments on live stream prompt Xinjiang police probe
- Fortune – Chinese social media users have discovered a way to bash the country’s zero-COVID strategy online
- India Today – How Chinese citizens are fooling censors to criticise strict Covid curbs
- CNN – Chinese are criticizing zero-Covid — in language censors don’t seem to understand