April 4, 2014 8:02 PM
18th party congress Beijing billionaires books CDT translation children china youth civil service corporate governance corruption diaosi economic growth economic reform Evan Osnos filial piety film gini coefficient harmonious society health history Hunan income distribution inequality inflation Internet censorship Internet culture investigative journalism job market journalism leadership transition Li Keqiang literature ma jian Mao Zedong Mao Zedong Thought marriage materialism one-child policy political reform poor reform rich rural areas social inequality social stability society inequality urban rural divide wealth gap World Bank youth culture
April 17, 2013 11:15 PM
Writer Sheng Keyi reflects on her return trips home to the once “sweet and sparkling” but now “lifeless toxic expanse”
At The New York Times, writer Yu Hua describes how Chinese people today avoid the language of class struggle even as socioeconomic inequality
March 18, 2014 5:16 PM
Lavish gift-giving among China’s wealthy has attracted considerable attention, particularly where, as in the case of Xu Ming and Bo Xilai,
November 28, 2013 8:17 PM
- What Do Chinese Want From the Third Plenum?
- Mapping China’s Income Inequality
- “Diaosi”: Hip, Young and Wired
- China’s Richest Man: Wealth Gap Not a P...
- Young Chinese Optimistic, Survey Suggests
- One-Child Policy and Class Divide
- Evan Osnos on the Resonance of “Gatsby&...
- Underdogs Find Success in ‘Diaosi’...
- “China Needs Justice, Not Equality̶...
- Reading “Gatsby” in Beijing
- China’s Generation Gaps
- How to Fix China’s Income Inequality
- Photographing China, from Rich to Poor, East ...
- China Lets Gini Out of the Bottle
- In China, Slowdown Is a Bigger Danger Than Gr...
- Inequality, Unemployment Higher Than Expected
- New Leaders Rule Two Different Chinas
- New York Times Wen Exposé Makes Waves