November 28, 2013 8:17 PM
18th party congress Beijing billionaires books civil service corruption diaosi economic growth economic reform Evan Osnos film gini coefficient health history income distribution inflation Internet censorship Internet culture job market literature materialism one-child policy political reform reform rural areas social stability urban rural divide wealth gap World Bank youth culture
April 17, 2013 11:15 PM
Lavish gift-giving among China’s wealthy has attracted considerable attention, particularly where, as in the case of Xu Ming and Bo Xilai,
As the Party’s Third Plenum approaches, the Pew Research Center’s Jacob Poushter looks at recent polling for signs of what issues
November 8, 2013 4:18 PM
At The Atlantic, Matt Schiavenza comments on a series of maps produced by Matt Hartzell which show that China’s wealth gap is a matter of coast
September 13, 2013 4:08 PM
- “Diaosi”: Hip, Young and Wired
- China’s Richest Man: Wealth Gap Not a P...
- Young Chinese Optimistic, Survey Suggests
- One-Child Policy and Class Divide
- Evan Osnos on the Resonance of “Gatsby&...
- Underdogs Find Success in ‘Diaosi’...
- “China Needs Justice, Not Equality̶...
- Reading “Gatsby” in Beijing
- China’s Generation Gaps
- How to Fix China’s Income Inequality
- Photographing China, from Rich to Poor, East ...
- China Lets Gini Out of the Bottle
- In China, Slowdown Is a Bigger Danger Than Gr...
- Inequality, Unemployment Higher Than Expected
- New Leaders Rule Two Different Chinas
- New York Times Wen Exposé Makes Waves
- What Cui Yongyuan Didn’t Learn in Schoo...
- China Edges Towards Inequality Measure