Badiucao reacts to the long-anticipated news of a disciplinary investigation into former security...
by Samuel Wade | Apr 23, 2013
Since Saturday morning, when a 6.6Mw earthquake struck near Sichuan’s Ya’an city, thousands of volunteers from students and white-collar workers to Tibetan monks have descended on the affected area to offer...
by Wu Nan | Feb 24, 2008
All it takes to understand how popular instant noodles are in China is to step on to one of the country’s trains, where riders line up to fill their bowls of the stuff with boiling water. A new report fromFrom Reuters...
by Kate Zhao | Aug 17, 2007
From AP via SignOnSanDiego.com: The government slammed Chinese instant noodle makers Friday as being partly to blame for a surge in inflation, saying they illegally colluded to boost prices by up to 40 percent in a scheme that has prompted public outcry. The report came amid a nationwide probe into whether price-fixing or hoarding by […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China