Based in Washington, D.C., Liz Carter translates Chinese-language textbooks and writes at A Big...
Jul 22, 2014
According to China Internet Network Information Center, the number of Chinese Internet users...
Jul 24, 2013
At Bloomberg Businessweek, Christina Larson writes about “China’s Smartphone Generation”: heavy mobile users, from young factory workers to yuppies, of social media, dating apps and video games: Kantar Media, a U.K.-based...
Sep 29, 2011
Two months ago, China’s Internet Network Information Center reported that the country’s online population had reached 485 million. Now that figure has reportedly passed half a billion. From Xinhua: Wang Chen, chief...
Jul 25, 2004
Via CNEWS: AP reported here that China’s online population is still expanding drastically. “China’s Internet population grew 28 percent over the past year to 87 million, while use of broadband and online commerce is soaring, according to a government report. China now has 31 million subscribers to broadband high-speed lines, an increase of 79 percent […]
CDT in the News
- RFA – Chinese censors delete news report probing return of COVID tracking
- China Brief – Much Cause But Little Recourse For Popular Discontent
- Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) – Young people living in and outside China fight to keep spirit of ‘white paper’ protests alive
- ASPI – Singing from the CCP’s songsheet: The role of foreign influencers in China’s propaganda system
- Lacuna Magazine – Redacted Fantasy: China’s Dystopian Censorship of Online Fiction