The Wall Street Journal reports that U.S. sanctions on Iranian oil haven’t stopped China...
by Sophie Beach | Jun 10, 2010
From AP: From among the most outspoken of critics of the 2003 U.S.-led invasion to topple Saddam Hussein, China has emerged as one of the biggest economic beneficiaries of the war, snagging five lucrative deals. While Western...
by Sophie Beach | Mar 14, 2010
The Financial Times reports on a slew of new deals which have Western oil companies cooperating with Chinese partners on various projects around the globe: Royal Dutch Shell has teamed up with PetroChina for a joint bid for...
by Sophie Beach | Sep 5, 2009
The New York Times follows up on an oil deal signed between Iraq and China last year in Iraq’s first post-war oil development contract, and looks at the consequences of the deal for Iraqi citizens: One year later, the...
by Sophie Beach | Sep 2, 2008
The oil deal between that China is hoping to sign with Iraq is close to being finalized. From Reuters: The Iraqi government recently announced renegotiated terms of the oil deal with the Chinese National Petroleum Company...
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”