Yet more detentions have been added to the dozens already carried out ahead of the 25th...
May 27, 2009
James Miles, who was the BBC correspondent in 1989 and has lived in the country ever since, has produced a 22-minute report reflecting on the meaning of events 20 years ago. Listen to it here. Part One is here.
The Economist Covers China: Earthquakes, Demonstrations, and the Beijing Olympic Games (with live webcast)
Jul 9, 2008
Asia Society will have a live webcast of a discussion between the Economist’s Beijing bureau chief, James Miles (who was the only accredited journalist to be on the scene in Lhasa during unrest there in March) and Orville...
CDT in the News
- Turquoise Roof – Weaponising Big Data: Decoding China’s Digital Surveillance in Tibet
- VOA – Chinese Netizens Criticize Government on US Embassy’s Weibo Post
- China Global South Project – What Do Namibian Giraffes Have To Do With the Chinese Economy? Ask Weibo
- Washington Post – As falling stocks draw criticism in China, censors struggle to keep up
- NYT – China’s Censorship Dragnet Targets Critics of the Economy