At Tea Leaf Nation, Minami Funakoshi considers perceived differences between the Sina and Tencent Weibo platforms based on reactions to an Asahi Shimbun post on Japanese deaths in the recent Algerian hostage crisis. [… E]ven a...
by Samuel Wade | Jan 21, 2013
Chinese authorities’ attitude toward video games has been mixed, with large industry subsidies on one hand and wariness of moral corrosion on the other. At the same time, The Telegraph’s Malcolm Moore reports, the...
by Liu Yong | Jul 13, 2005
From Reuters, via NEWS.com.au: JAPANESE customers must apologise for their country’s wartime occupation of China before getting a seat at a restaurant in former Manchuria or find another place to eat, Japan’s Kyodo news agency has said. No Japanese had tried to enter the restaurant in the northeastern Chinese city of Jilin since it started […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods