At Tea Leaf Nation, Minami Funakoshi considers perceived differences between the Sina and Tencent Weibo platforms based on reactions to an Asahi Shimbun post on Japanese deaths in the recent Algerian hostage crisis. [… E]ven a...
by Samuel Wade | Jan 21, 2013
Chinese authorities’ attitude toward video games has been mixed, with large industry subsidies on one hand and wariness of moral corrosion on the other. At the same time, The Telegraph’s Malcolm Moore reports, the...
by Liu Yong | Jul 13, 2005
From Reuters, via NEWS.com.au: JAPANESE customers must apologise for their country’s wartime occupation of China before getting a seat at a restaurant in former Manchuria or find another place to eat, Japan’s Kyodo news agency has said. No Japanese had tried to enter the restaurant in the northeastern Chinese city of Jilin since it started […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China