At Tea Leaf Nation, Minami Funakoshi considers perceived differences between the Sina and Tencent Weibo platforms based on reactions to an Asahi Shimbun post on Japanese deaths in the recent Algerian hostage crisis. [… E]ven a...
Jan 21, 2013
Chinese authorities’ attitude toward video games has been mixed, with large industry subsidies on one hand and wariness of moral corrosion on the other. At the same time, The Telegraph’s Malcolm Moore reports, the...
May 25, 2009
From Los Angeles Times: Looking back, Japanese businessman Tomatsu Ito says, he might as well have moved to Mars rather than a few hours’ flight away to China. Unlike in his publicly polite homeland, drivers in Dalian were...
Jul 13, 2005
From Reuters, via NEWS.com.au: JAPANESE customers must apologise for their country’s wartime occupation of China before getting a seat at a restaurant in former Manchuria or find another place to eat, Japan’s Kyodo news agency has said. No Japanese had tried to enter the restaurant in the northeastern Chinese city of Jilin since it started […]
CDT in the News
- NYT — Troops, Noodles and Familial Love: China Lays Out Its Ideal Taiwan
- Coda Story – China wages war on ‘historical nihilism’
- China Spektrum – Staatliche Befugnisse in Krisensituationen: Debatten über Gewalt gegen Frauen und die Lockdown-Politik
- NYT – In Turbulent Times, Xi Builds a Security Fortress for China, and Himself
- Sinopsis – Vlivové aktivity Číny v Africe (China’s Influence Activities in Africa)