BBC’s The Forum held a roundtable discussion in Beijing focusing on the Internet, featuring...
by Samuel Wade | Jan 8, 2013
The heavy-handed rewriting of the Southern Weekly newspaper’s traditional New Year greeting has triggered a staff strike, a barrage of letters and petitions, and an upwelling of popular support both on- and offline. In the...
by Sophie Beach | Jul 1, 2010
China Beat interviews Jeremy Goldkorn of Danwei fame: MEC: What’s one China story that you would like to see told in a different way? JG: I don’t think it’s one particular story. It continues to amaze me how little the average...
CDT in the News
- FT – Chinese censors take aim at former premier Wen Jiabao’s essay
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers