Der Spiegel revisits the case of legal activist Ji Sizun, who was detained during the Olympics a year ago after applying to stage a protest in the government-established “protest parks,” and the lawyer, Liu, who is...
Jan 19, 2009
From The International Herald Tribune: A legal advocate who was arrested after applying to hold a legal protest in Beijing during the Olympics in August has been sentenced to three years in prison, said a lawyer who has been...
Sep 26, 2008
From AP: A Chinese activist who applied to protest in special zones set up for demonstrations during the Beijing Olympics has become the latest applicant to be detained by police, a rights group said Friday. Ji Sizun disappeared...
CDT in the News
- MIT Technology Review – Now China wants to censor online comments
- The Globe and Mail – Shanghai leaves lockdown after two months, but ‘zero COVID’ policy remains
- WION – Shanghai residents spent 2 months ‘locked’ up, but China bans media from calling it a ‘lockdown’
- The Independent – Shanghai prohibits media from using the term ‘lockdown’
- Guardian – Shanghai reportedly bans media use of the term ‘lockdown’ as lockdown ends