At The New York Times, Didi Kirsten Tatlow spoke with Yong Zhao, professor of education at the...
by Sophie Beach | Nov 8, 2011
An article in the New York Times looks at the increasing numbers of Chinese students attending U.S. universities, which have actively recruited them, and the challenges both the students and the universities face once they are...
by Scott Greene | Nov 4, 2011
Following up a September inquiry into the disconnect between Chinese students and American universities, The Chronicle of Higher Education investigates the agency system which helps Chinese students navigate the U.S. college...
by Sophie Beach | May 15, 2007
Two new documentary films about China are now available on YouTube. The description of the first film, Children of Blessing, says: China’s Lahu minority has for centuries lived in the Yunnan hills bordering Burma. The...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China