In an interview with the Wall Street Journal, investment guru Jim Rogers discusses the state of China’s economy and draws a comparison with the rise of the U.S. 100 years ago: Read more on Jim Rogers and what he sees as...
May 28, 2011
Jim Rogers recently appeared on BBC’s HardTalk (via BusinessInsider; videos embedded below), arguing that despite the problems China faces, it remains more attractive in terms of investment than the “bankrupt”...
Jan 11, 2010
A debate is raging among financial experts over China’s economic growth and whether or not it is a bubble waiting to pop. From the New York Times: New high points, it seems, are reached daily. China surged past the United...
Jan 19, 2009
International investor Jim Rogers is optimistic about China’s economic future. From Reuters: Rogers, co-founder along George Soros of the Quantum Fund, railed at the Federal Reserve and incoming U.S. Treasury Secretary...
Jul 26, 2007
China’s stock market surged into a new high Thursday , despite the government’s efforts to cool down the overheated market. However, there are still some opportunities to enter into the market nowadays. From Reuters via Yahoo.com: China’s stock market is dangerously high but environmental protection, water, railways and renewable energy stocks are still worth holding, […]
CDT in the News
- MIT Technology Review – Now China wants to censor online comments
- The Globe and Mail – Shanghai leaves lockdown after two months, but ‘zero COVID’ policy remains
- WION – Shanghai residents spent 2 months ‘locked’ up, but China bans media from calling it a ‘lockdown’
- The Independent – Shanghai prohibits media from using the term ‘lockdown’
- Guardian – Shanghai reportedly bans media use of the term ‘lockdown’ as lockdown ends