New research shows that Kyoto emission reductions by developing countries evaporate when outsourced manufacturing is factored in, with China hosting three quarters of the world’s outsourced emissions. From The Guardian:...
Oct 7, 2009
UN climate talks in Bangkok got tense at moments, according to an AP report: China’s top climate envoy insisted Wednesday that it is unfair to expect all countries to play a role in combating global warming, leading to a...
Mar 8, 2007
From The Australian: China is using Australia’s refusal to ratify the Kyoto agreement as diplomatic leverage as it faces increasing pressure to step up efforts to tackle climate change, Kevin Rudd has warned. Using a breakfast speech to The Global Foundation’s Australia Unlimited Roundtable to set out his vision for the future of Australia, the […]
CDT in the News
- Foreign Policy, China Brief – Zero-COVID nightmare
- The Globe and Mail – Locked-down Xinjiang residents face food and medicine shortages, as well as Chinese government censorship
- Czech News Agency (CTK) – Forum 2000 Conference Awards Chinese Journalist Zhang Zhan
- RadarOnline – China Unleashes ‘Comment Flooding’ To Tamp Down Social Chatter From Locked Down City
- WION – Covid lockdown: China censuring people’s pleas on social media amid food and medicine shortages