New research shows that Kyoto emission reductions by developing countries evaporate when outsourced manufacturing is factored in, with China hosting three quarters of the world’s outsourced emissions. From The Guardian:...
by Sophie Beach | Oct 7, 2009
UN climate talks in Bangkok got tense at moments, according to an AP report: China’s top climate envoy insisted Wednesday that it is unfair to expect all countries to play a role in combating global warming, leading to a...
by Xiao Qiang | Mar 8, 2007
From The Australian: China is using Australia’s refusal to ratify the Kyoto agreement as diplomatic leverage as it faces increasing pressure to step up efforts to tackle climate change, Kevin Rudd has warned. Using a breakfast speech to The Global Foundation’s Australia Unlimited Roundtable to set out his vision for the future of Australia, the […]
CDT in the News
- VOA – China Media Directives Reveal Granular Detail of State Censorship
- The Jamestown Foundation – Early Warning Brief: Factional Strife Intensifies as Xi Strives to Consolidate Power
- Politico – China’s crypto ban fuels new U.S. wedge issue
- RFA – Meng Wanzhou Arrest, Return Used as Patriotic Talking Point in Chinese Schools
- Colombo Gazette – Digital autocracy in China: An appraisal