China Daily reported on Tuesday that, according to government figures, nearly ten billion tons of industrial wastewater and domestic sewage were poured directly into Guangdong’s rivers last year: More than 9.5 billion tons...
by Sophie Beach | Feb 15, 2011
Ministry of Tofu translates an articles from Global Times about performance artist Liu Bolin, who paints himself to be camouflaged with his surroundings: Each of his photos requires long hours of preparation, the longest being...
by Xiao Qiang | Dec 2, 2008
Currently based in Beijing, Liu Bolin was born in Shandong in 1973. He graduated from Shandong Art College in 1995 and later received an M.F.A. from the Central Academy of Fine Arts. His work has been widely exhibited in Europe,...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods