Editor’s Note: From the Censorship Vault features previously untranslated censorship instructions...
Sep 28, 2011
A lurid story of kidnapping, rape, murder and forced prostitution in Henan’s would-be “Civilised City” of Luoyang continues to unfold. From Shanghai Daily: A man who allegedly kept six women as sex slaves in a...
Sep 23, 2011
A journalist was detained for “revealing state secrets” after accusing Luoyang officials of covering up multiple kidnappings, rapes and murders by a former colleague. From The New York Times: For a nation not yet...
Sep 23, 2011
The Economic Observer translates a report of a tourist in Beijing who was beaten, abducted, taken back to his home city of Luoyang and left unconscious in the street by petitioner interceptors. According to today’s Beijing...
Aug 25, 2007
Just as blog hosting companies (including Yahoo! and MSN) have signed a self-regulating pact in which they pledge to monitor personal details about users, the city of Luoyang is showing a more enlightened attitude toward Internet dissent, according to China Media Project: In a rare show of tolerance in Internet policy, top party and government […]
CDT in the News
- South China Sea Chronicle Initiative (Vietnamese translation of CDT post)- Sự Bất Đối Xứng Trong Quan Hệ Nga-Trung Và Bên Hưởng Lợi
- Discourse Power – Jan. 23, 2023 Newsletter
- Sinocism newsletter (1/18/2023) – Xi’s Spring Festival video chat; Han Zheng to be the next VP?; Janet Yellen and Liu He meet; Wow mess
- The Economist (Drum Tower newsletter) – What our journalists are reading
- RFA – China slaps exit ban on wife of shuttered Shanghai political bookstore owner