At South China Morning Post, a lawyer who attended the trial and sentencing of disgraced Chongqing...
by Sophie Beach | Mar 7, 2012
With the annual National People’s Congress meetings underway in Beijing, the political intrigue surrounding recent events in Chongqing is a hot topic. A month after former Chongqing police chief Wang Lijun was detained...
by Wu Nan | Sep 23, 2007
China’s police experience rousing success in their war again organized crime. From Times of India: Chinese police have cracked nearly 500 criminal cases and busted over 4,000 gangs since it launched a crackdown against mafia-style crimes in February 2006, the state media reported on Sunday. The police had so far referred 340 cases of alleged […]
CDT in the News
- Human Rights Watch – Chinese Cyber Legend Vanishes, Raising Concerns
- PRI The World – Front row seat at China’s 100th anniversary celebrations
- Mind Matters – Chinese Communist Party: 100 Years of Erasing, Rewriting History
- The Jamestown Foundation – The 2021 Party History Study Campaign Stresses Revolution and Sacrifice
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’