At South China Morning Post, a lawyer who attended the trial and sentencing of disgraced Chongqing...
by Sophie Beach | Mar 7, 2012
With the annual National People’s Congress meetings underway in Beijing, the political intrigue surrounding recent events in Chongqing is a hot topic. A month after former Chongqing police chief Wang Lijun was detained...
by Wu Nan | Sep 23, 2007
China’s police experience rousing success in their war again organized crime. From Times of India: Chinese police have cracked nearly 500 criminal cases and busted over 4,000 gangs since it launched a crackdown against mafia-style crimes in February 2006, the state media reported on Sunday. The police had so far referred 340 cases of alleged […]
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms