February 6, 2014 10:56 AM
anniversaries Beijing book reviews Bo Xilai CCP CCP history censorship communism Communist Party corruption Cultural Revolution Deng Xiaoping Directives from the Ministry of Truth famine great leap forward history Hu Jintao Hunan jung chang leftists maoism Mao Xinyu Mao Yushi Mao Zedong Thought PRC history propaganda Shaoshan U.S. relations weibo Xi Jinping
January 7, 2014 2:27 PM
While she writes in an autobiographical essay that she was born in 1972 in Hunan as a “peasant’s child” and received “a
Michael Rank was a British Council student in China from 1974-1976. During his time at Peking University in 1975, he and his classmates visited
February 5, 2014 1:59 PM
Japanese prime minister Shinzo Abe’s December visit to the Yasukuni Shrine—a Shinto shrine in Tokyo honoring Japan’s war casualties,
January 20, 2014 12:47 PM
- River Crabbed: Disappearing Comments on Discl...
- Badiucao (巴丢草)： VoldeMao
- Retracing the Long March by Motorcycle
- Remembering 30 Percent of Chairman Mao’...
- On Mao’s Birthday, Ambivalence Abounds
- Badiucao (巴丢草): Chairman Mao, Happy Birthday
- Red Rhetoric Heats Up as Mao Turns 120
- Drawing the News: Birthday Season
- Vice Minister Investigated as Xi’s Powe...
- The New Face of Chinese Propaganda
- Mao Zedong Reinvented at Memorial Museum
- Gilded Mao Statue Marks Birthday Bash
- Nelson Mandela: Closer to Mao or Liu Xiaobo?
- Badiucao (巴丢草)：”Chairman Meow is Hungry...
- The Extreme Tilt of Chinese Internet Politics
- Canadian Artist’s Work Vanishes in Beij...
- When Western Journalists Loved China’s ...
- Cartoons Boost Mao and Meritocracy