As China’s appetite for meat grows, so does awareness of its environmental cost, and the number of those giving it up. From Mary Kay Magistad at PRI’s The World: […] Many Chinese just don’t want to give up meat. But...
by Samuel Wade | Feb 18, 2013
In 2011, human consumption of antibiotics in China was ten times the global average. Because overuse of the drugs can give rise to resistance in the bacteria they target, the Health Ministry has repeatedly promised to cut down...
by Samuel Wade | Jun 17, 2011
Daniel K Gardner explains his reaction to an Al Jazeera report on beef-flavoured pork sold as real beef: Consequently, a passage in the Analects, one that I had never given much attention to, for the first time jumped off the...
by Jenny Leung | Mar 14, 2009
The Wall Street Journal’s China Blog reports on another potential food hazard in China that has been going on for decades, as reported in “The Southern Weekend,” a relatively liberal newspaper within...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods