Last week at a lecture that was part of the Seminar for Information Officers from English Speaking African Countries in Beijing, a research fellow from the China Human Rights Society used an inventive analogy to illustrate how...
by Samuel Wade | Oct 27, 2011
In April, China’s Global Times chided overseas media for oversimplifying and exaggerating new guidelines against time travel dramas from the State Administration of Radio, Film and Television. Following the announcement of...
by Sophie Beach | Jul 13, 2009
Yesterday in Shanghai, fans held a one-minute memorial for Michael Jackson. From the announcement for the event, via chinaSMACK: 7:00 sharp, the music will begin and during this time, no matter if you where you are, please stop...
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms