Last month, the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology released a five-year-plan for Internet development. Rogier Creemers of China Copyright and Media blog has translated the document in full. Creemers has now also...
Mar 26, 2010
From the LA Times: Officials, predictably, insist on social control when Google balks at censorship. But China may want the company more than it’s willing to admit and could be hoping for a quiet end to the hullabaloo....
Jul 1, 2008
One of China’s new “super-ministries” was inaugurated on Sunday. From The People’s Daily: The Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT), one of the five “super ministries”...
CDT in the News
- MIT Technology Review – Now China wants to censor online comments
- The Globe and Mail – Shanghai leaves lockdown after two months, but ‘zero COVID’ policy remains
- WION – Shanghai residents spent 2 months ‘locked’ up, but China bans media from calling it a ‘lockdown’
- The Independent – Shanghai prohibits media from using the term ‘lockdown’
- Guardian – Shanghai reportedly bans media use of the term ‘lockdown’ as lockdown ends