Last month, the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology released a five-year-plan for Internet development. Rogier Creemers of China Copyright and Media blog has translated the document in full. Creemers has now also...
by Xiao Qiang | Mar 26, 2010
From the LA Times: Officials, predictably, insist on social control when Google balks at censorship. But China may want the company more than it’s willing to admit and could be hoping for a quiet end to the hullabaloo....
by Sean Escoffery | Jul 1, 2008
One of China’s new “super-ministries” was inaugurated on Sunday. From The People’s Daily: The Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT), one of the five “super ministries”...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China