Last month, the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology released a five-year-plan for Internet development. Rogier Creemers of China Copyright and Media blog has translated the document in full. Creemers has now also...
Mar 26, 2010
From the LA Times: Officials, predictably, insist on social control when Google balks at censorship. But China may want the company more than it’s willing to admit and could be hoping for a quiet end to the hullabaloo....
Jul 1, 2008
One of China’s new “super-ministries” was inaugurated on Sunday. From The People’s Daily: The Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT), one of the five “super ministries”...
CDT in the News
- South China Sea Chronicle Initiative (Vietnamese translation of CDT post)- Sự Bất Đối Xứng Trong Quan Hệ Nga-Trung Và Bên Hưởng Lợi
- Discourse Power – Jan. 23, 2023 Newsletter
- Sinocism newsletter (1/18/2023) – Xi’s Spring Festival video chat; Han Zheng to be the next VP?; Janet Yellen and Liu He meet; Wow mess
- The Economist (Drum Tower newsletter) – What our journalists are reading
- RFA – China slaps exit ban on wife of shuttered Shanghai political bookstore owner