Just days after U.S. secretary of state John Kerry wrapped up his first official visit to Beijing, China’s defense ministry accused the U.S. of exacerbating tensions in the Asia-Pacific by increasing its military presence...
Ministry of Defense
by Samuel Wade | Feb 9, 2013
On January 30th, according to the Japanese government, a Chinese vessel locked weapons radar onto a Japanese destroyer 180 kilometers north of the disputed Diaoyu/Senkaku Islands. The incident prompted angry condemnation from...
by Paulina Hartono | Nov 19, 2009
China’s Ministry of Defense website is reported to have been the victim of cyber attacks. From Reuters: A website set up by China’s Defense Ministry said it was hit by 2.3 million hacker attacks in its first month of...
CDT in the News
- VOA – China Media Directives Reveal Granular Detail of State Censorship
- The Jamestown Foundation – Early Warning Brief: Factional Strife Intensifies as Xi Strives to Consolidate Power
- Politico – China’s crypto ban fuels new U.S. wedge issue
- RFA – Meng Wanzhou Arrest, Return Used as Patriotic Talking Point in Chinese Schools
- Colombo Gazette – Digital autocracy in China: An appraisal