Just days after U.S. secretary of state John Kerry wrapped up his first official visit to Beijing, China’s defense ministry accused the U.S. of exacerbating tensions in the Asia-Pacific by increasing its military presence...
Ministry of Defense
by Samuel Wade | Feb 9, 2013
On January 30th, according to the Japanese government, a Chinese vessel locked weapons radar onto a Japanese destroyer 180 kilometers north of the disputed Diaoyu/Senkaku Islands. The incident prompted angry condemnation from...
by Paulina Hartono | Nov 19, 2009
China’s Ministry of Defense website is reported to have been the victim of cyber attacks. From Reuters: A website set up by China’s Defense Ministry said it was hit by 2.3 million hacker attacks in its first month of...
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”