In 2007, U.S. tech company Yahoo set up a $17 million fund to support persecuted Chinese...
misuse of funds
by Sophie Beach | Jun 28, 2005
From People’s Daily: China’s National Audit Office (NAO) found misuse of funds totaling 9.06 billion yuan (about 110 million US dollars) in 38 government departments in 2004. The figure represented six percent of all the funds put under audit, NAO auditor-general Li Jinghua said Tuesday in Beijing when delivering a report on the performance of […]
CDT in the News
- Mind Matters – #WhereIsPengShuai: China’s Star Tennis Player Went Missing
- The New York Times – China’s Silence on Peng Shuai Shows the Limits of Beijing’s Propaganda
- The Hindu – What happened to Chinese tennis star Peng Shuai?
- Vice – How China Managed to Wipe Out All Mentions of Its Most Explosive #MeToo Case
- WSJ – China’s Response to Peng Shuai Allegations Follows Familiar Pattern