From New York Times: Flags are flying at half-staff during three days of national mourning to honor those killed by Typhoon Morakot two weeks ago. But anger, not sadness, remains the prevailing sentiment across Taiwan as...
Aug 21, 2009
From AP: Taiwan began a three-day mourning period to remember the victims of Typhoon Morakot on Saturday, two weeks after the island’s worst weather disaster in 50 years devastated its mountainous south. The storm took at...
Aug 14, 2009
From New York Times: The road that wends through the storm-battered mountains of Kaohsiung County comes to an end at a breathtaking abyss. On the south side of the road, Provincial Highway 27, there are hot meals, the succor of...
CDT in the News
- MIT Technology Review – Now China wants to censor online comments
- The Globe and Mail – Shanghai leaves lockdown after two months, but ‘zero COVID’ policy remains
- WION – Shanghai residents spent 2 months ‘locked’ up, but China bans media from calling it a ‘lockdown’
- The Independent – Shanghai prohibits media from using the term ‘lockdown’
- Guardian – Shanghai reportedly bans media use of the term ‘lockdown’ as lockdown ends