From New York Times: Flags are flying at half-staff during three days of national mourning to honor those killed by Typhoon Morakot two weeks ago. But anger, not sadness, remains the prevailing sentiment across Taiwan as...
by Liu Yong | Aug 21, 2009
From AP: Taiwan began a three-day mourning period to remember the victims of Typhoon Morakot on Saturday, two weeks after the island’s worst weather disaster in 50 years devastated its mountainous south. The storm took at...
by Liu Yong | Aug 14, 2009
From New York Times: The road that wends through the storm-battered mountains of Kaohsiung County comes to an end at a breathtaking abyss. On the south side of the road, Provincial Highway 27, there are hot meals, the succor of...
CDT in the News
- DW – Where is Jack Ma? The mainstream media keep slience
- FT – Beijing orders Chinese media to censor coverage of Alibaba probe
- China Heritage – China’s Virus of Lies in 2020
- VOA Chinese – Year 2020 in Review: Xi Jinping steps up crackdown on independent journalists with unprecedented intensity
- Rest of World – Waving goodbye to Weibo