China’s Beidou satellite navigation system is now open to commercial use across the Asia-Pacific region one year after its civilian debut within China, offering an alternative or addition to the American-run Global...
Nov 18, 2012
After launching a second satellite for Venezuela, Chinese state media reports China is now planning for a launch of a second African satellite. This announcement comes amid recent tensions in Africa surrounding the murder of two...
Apr 16, 2007
From Space Daily: China on early Saturday morning launched a navigation satellite, part of the country’s “Compass” navigational system, which is expected to provide services to customers all over China and neighboring countries by 2008. The carrier rocket, Long March 3-A, blasted off from the Xichang Satellite Launch Center in southwest China’s Sichuan Province at […]
CDT in the News
- U.C. San Diego, 21st Century China Center – The Party Remakes China: What to Watch for After the 20th Party Congress
- NYT – China’s ‘Absurd’ Covid Propaganda Stirs Rebellion
- The Economist – The Prince: Searching for Xi Jinping
- FP – China’s War on History Is Growing
- Coda Story newsletter – Chinese censors working overtime to silence dissent on zero-Covid lockdowns in Xinjiang and Tibet