The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been leaked and distributed online. The name of the issuing body has been omitted to protect the source. All websites, find and delete...
by Samuel Wade | Aug 6, 2013
Following high-profile sales of The Washington Post, Boston Globe and Newsweek, Isaac Stone Fish asks whether prospects for a major Chinese media acquisition in the U.S. have improved since rumors of a Southern Media Group bid...
by Zhaohua Li | Dec 31, 2007
Jonathan Ansfield writes: The year-end edition of Newsweek, a China cover entitled “China Now”, includes a Fareed Zakaria think piece on the “superpower’s” fragile side, excerpts from The China...
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”