The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been leaked and distributed online. The name of the issuing body has been omitted to protect the source. All websites, find and delete...
by Samuel Wade | Aug 6, 2013
Following high-profile sales of The Washington Post, Boston Globe and Newsweek, Isaac Stone Fish asks whether prospects for a major Chinese media acquisition in the U.S. have improved since rumors of a Southern Media Group bid...
by Zhaohua Li | Dec 31, 2007
Jonathan Ansfield writes: The year-end edition of Newsweek, a China cover entitled “China Now”, includes a Fareed Zakaria think piece on the “superpower’s” fragile side, excerpts from The China...
CDT in the News
- Human Rights Watch – Chinese Cyber Legend Vanishes, Raising Concerns
- PRI The World – Front row seat at China’s 100th anniversary celebrations
- Mind Matters – Chinese Communist Party: 100 Years of Erasing, Rewriting History
- The Jamestown Foundation – The 2021 Party History Study Campaign Stresses Revolution and Sacrifice
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’