China is by far the world’s largest consumer of coal, using more of the fossil fuel than the...
Jul 5, 2013
Of the growing number of migrant workers affected by pneumoconiosis, Echo Hui reports, only a few manage to get compensation as authorities turn a blind eye to occupational health and workers’ rights. From South China...
Sep 18, 2009
Xinhua reports on Zhang Haichao’s recent legal compensation win. Zhang sought compensation for workplace-related lung disease. A migrant worker who was denied compensation for a debilitating occupational lung disease has...
Mar 5, 2007
A great piece of work by a senior Chinese government official tackling the health care problem for migrant workers, a long neglected corner of society. From China Daily: The Ministry of Health sought society’s help yesterday to raise the country’s 200 million migrant workers’ awareness about laws and rights on occupational diseases because their health […]
CDT in the News
- Coda Story – China wages war on ‘historical nihilism’
- China Spektrum – Staatliche Befugnisse in Krisensituationen: Debatten über Gewalt gegen Frauen und die Lockdown-Politik
- NYT – In Turbulent Times, Xi Builds a Security Fortress for China, and Himself
- Sinopsis – Vlivové aktivity Číny v Africe (China’s Influence Activities in Africa)
- Human Rights Watch – Chained Woman Has Become the Face of Bride Trafficking in China