China is by far the world’s largest consumer of coal, using more of the fossil fuel than the...
by Cindy | Jul 5, 2013
Of the growing number of migrant workers affected by pneumoconiosis, Echo Hui reports, only a few manage to get compensation as authorities turn a blind eye to occupational health and workers’ rights. From South China...
by Paulina Hartono | Sep 18, 2009
Xinhua reports on Zhang Haichao’s recent legal compensation win. Zhang sought compensation for workplace-related lung disease. A migrant worker who was denied compensation for a debilitating occupational lung disease has...
by Michael Zhao | Mar 5, 2007
A great piece of work by a senior Chinese government official tackling the health care problem for migrant workers, a long neglected corner of society. From China Daily: The Ministry of Health sought society’s help yesterday to raise the country’s 200 million migrant workers’ awareness about laws and rights on occupational diseases because their health […]
CDT in the News
- Human Rights Watch – Chinese Cyber Legend Vanishes, Raising Concerns
- PRI The World – Front row seat at China’s 100th anniversary celebrations
- Mind Matters – Chinese Communist Party: 100 Years of Erasing, Rewriting History
- The Jamestown Foundation – The 2021 Party History Study Campaign Stresses Revolution and Sacrifice
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’