Lawyer and activist Xu Zhiyong has been formally arrested on charges of “assembling a crowd to...
open constitution initiative
by Sophie Beach | Jun 21, 2010
ChinaGeeks translates a pledge written by Xu Zhiyong, Teng Biao, Wang Gongquan, Li Xiongbing, Li Fangping, Xu Youyu, and Zhang Shihe, which is being circulated online. The drafters are asking people to sign it here: Whereas...
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”