Lawyer and activist Xu Zhiyong has been formally arrested on charges of “assembling a crowd to...
open constitution initiative
Sep 3, 2010
The Chinese Law Prof Blog translates a blog post by Xu Zhiyong which announces that the case against his Open Constitution Initiative on tax evasion charges has been dropped: On Aug. 21, 2010, in the afternoon, the Beijing...
Jun 21, 2010
ChinaGeeks translates a pledge written by Xu Zhiyong, Teng Biao, Wang Gongquan, Li Xiongbing, Li Fangping, Xu Youyu, and Zhang Shihe, which is being circulated online. The drafters are asking people to sign it here: Whereas...
CDT in the News
- SupChina – 50 days in Shanghai lockdown
- Rest of World – In China, fleeting “cyber protests” leave behind fragile memories
- The Diplomat – China’s Censors Aim to Contain Dissent During Harsh COVID-19 Lockdowns
- The Washington Post – China shuts down talk of covid hardship; users strike back
- China Media Project – Honoring China’s Heroes