China launched its first overseas military base in 2017 with the establishment of a strategic...
by Paulina Hartono | May 29, 2009
Sky Canaves reports on China’s plans to draw up a set of “green guidelines” for its companies abroad. From the Wall Street Journal: Perhaps mindful of the environmental toll taken by its booming, export-led...
by Sophie Beach | Dec 3, 2007
From the Burmese exile publication Irawaddy: A petition signed by more than 50,000 people and 24 international organizations has been sent to the Chinese government calling for a halt to the construction of dam projects in Burma to allow full inquiries to first of all take place. Burma Rivers Network said the petition was being […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods