McClatchy Newspapers’ Tom Lasseter, one of the first Western journalists to report from within the blockade of Wukan in December, writes that a recent police crackdown on land grab protests in Zhejiang’s Panhe...
by Scott Greene | Feb 8, 2012
Villagers marching against land grabs in the streets of two villages in Zhejiang’s Cangnan County say they have modeled their tactics after Wukan, the Guangdong village which evicted local Communist Party authorities over...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods