McClatchy Newspapers’ Tom Lasseter, one of the first Western journalists to report from within the blockade of Wukan in December, writes that a recent police crackdown on land grab protests in Zhejiang’s Panhe...
Feb 16, 2012
Plainclothes henchmen attacked journalists from two European news organizations on Wednesday as they investigated land grab protests that began earlier this month in the Zhejiang village of Panhe, according to Shanghaiist:...
Feb 8, 2012
Villagers marching against land grabs in the streets of two villages in Zhejiang’s Cangnan County say they have modeled their tactics after Wukan, the Guangdong village which evicted local Communist Party authorities over...
CDT in the News
- Coda Story – Apple bows to Beijing, again; Turkey blocks social media after Istanbul blast; more Musk mayhem at Twitter
- RFA – ‘Malicious’ anti-lockdown comments on live stream prompt Xinjiang police probe
- Fortune – Chinese social media users have discovered a way to bash the country’s zero-COVID strategy online
- India Today – How Chinese citizens are fooling censors to criticise strict Covid curbs
- CNN – Chinese are criticizing zero-Covid — in language censors don’t seem to understand