Former security chief Zhou Yongkang, whose associates are at the center of a recent series of...
Jul 5, 2011
Last week at Caixin Online, Huang Yiping cited tennis star Li Na’s Grand Slam success as a model for reinvigorating financial reform. Now Wu Jinglian, an economist at the Development and Research Center at the State...
Mar 5, 2011
China’s insatiable thirst for oil to fuel its rapid economic growth has created a natural resource network snaking through various parts of the world. Some rural areas in China have benefited enormously through petroleum...
Jul 22, 2010
Associated Press reports on the clean-up progress of the major Dalian oil spill: China National Petroleum Corp. said Thursday that the pipeline that exploded and caused the oil spill last Friday had resumed operations. The blast...
Apr 20, 2008
The New York Times takes a long look at tensions around the future of oil–a future in which China looks to play an ever more influential role: China, India and the Middle East are in the midst of exceptional economic booms...
Mar 28, 2005
From AP, via WTOP Radio: China’s total demand for petroleum is forecast to rise about 10 percent in 2005 to 2.5 billion barrels, state media reported Tuesday… But with the economy growing at a rate of more than 9 percent a year, growth in oil consumption is outpacing increases in demand. And output at many […]
CDT in the News
- Journal of Contemporary China – Invented Borders: The Tension Between Grassroots Patriotism and State-led Patriotic Campaigns in China
- NYT – A Tiananmen Square Musical Worries About China’s Glare
- Global Voices – In China, questions remain ahead of Huawei’s launch of the Mate 60 phone series
- Rest of World – Heavily persecuted, highly influential: China’s online feminist revolution
- Sky News – Chinese state media appears to censor one of its own videos