Former security chief Zhou Yongkang, whose associates are at the center of a recent series of...
by Samuel Wade | Jul 5, 2011
Last week at Caixin Online, Huang Yiping cited tennis star Li Na’s Grand Slam success as a model for reinvigorating financial reform. Now Wu Jinglian, an economist at the Development and Research Center at the State...
by alicebirney | Mar 5, 2011
China’s insatiable thirst for oil to fuel its rapid economic growth has created a natural resource network snaking through various parts of the world. Some rural areas in China have benefited enormously through petroleum...
by Paulina Hartono | Jul 22, 2010
Associated Press reports on the clean-up progress of the major Dalian oil spill: China National Petroleum Corp. said Thursday that the pipeline that exploded and caused the oil spill last Friday had resumed operations. The blast...
by Sophie Beach | Mar 28, 2005
From AP, via WTOP Radio: China’s total demand for petroleum is forecast to rise about 10 percent in 2005 to 2.5 billion barrels, state media reported Tuesday… But with the economy growing at a rate of more than 9 percent a year, growth in oil consumption is outpacing increases in demand. And output at many […]
CDT in the News
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’
- The Jamestown Foundation – Chinese Leaders Project Confidence in Self-Sufficiency Amid Post-Pandemic Food Security Concerns
- Protocol – Censored word lists are ‘proprietary assets’ for Chinese big tech
- What’s On Weibo – The Disappearing Emoji on Weibo in Light of June 4
- Clearance Jobs – Biden Tasks Intelligence Community to Answer Wuhan Questions