Investigative journalist Peng Yuanwen is known for his reporting at The Beijing News, Vista and ifeng.com, as well as for his witty commentary on Mark Zuckerberg’s notorious 2016 Beijing “smog jog.” But long before that, he...
Feb 12, 2013
The New York Times highlights two photography projects aiming to capture different aspects of China’s diversity. Following a six-month photographic trip across the United States, Mathias Braschler and Monika Fischer...
Nov 9, 2008
Reflections in a Chinese Eye has two rich posts about the state of migrant workers in China’s urban centers today. The first, entitled ‘Systematic Government Theft of Migrant Workers’ Retirement...
Mar 10, 2008
View the last 60 years of Chinese history through the Magnum lens. According to Slate, the photo agency’s China archive can be now be seen in motion: The series’ release coincides with FotoFest 2008: The Twelfth...
Aug 13, 2007
0 These photos are from shengfalin ÊûóÂãùÁôº during a trip to Tibet in 2006-2007. See shengfalin’s flickr page for the rest of the collection and for additional photos from China.
CDT in the News
- Newsweek – China’s Angry Protesters Confronted With Warnings About ‘External Forces’
- The Straits Times – China still clamping down on protest activities against Covid-19 lockdown
- NYT – ‘Breach of the Big Silence’: Protests Stretch China’s Censorship to Its Limits
- NYT – Banana Peels for Xi Jinping
- Washington Post – Chinese state TV obscures maskless crowd in World Cup broadcast