The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
by Samuel Wade | Mar 12, 2013
An armada of over 3,300 [update: 5,916] dead pigs drifted down the Huangpu river towards Shanghai over the weekend, prompting a major clean-up operation. Some of the animals are said to have frozen to death; some are apparently...
by Xiao Qiang | Aug 6, 2005
From The BBC News: Once through the toll booths on the main highway, the first roadside billboard in Sichuan is somewhat surprising. It tells incoming drivers they are entering a “disease free zone”, a model for the nation. But far from being disease free, this area has become a death zone. A disease caused by […]
by Xiao Qiang | Aug 5, 2005
From The International Herald Tribune: The World Health Organization has urged China to conduct more tests to clarify perplexing aspects of the largest outbreak in humans of a bacterial pig disease, including why the death rate among patients has been unusually high. China has reported that the disease, caused by Streptococcus suis bacteria, infected 206 […]
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms