While meeting on the sidelines of the Nuclear Security Summit in The Hague on Monday, Presidents...
ping pong diplomacy
by Sophie Beach | Jan 7, 2009
Today marks 30 years since a ping-pong tournament broke the ice between the U.S. and China, paving the way to diplomatic relations. The occasion was marked in Beijing with a rematch. From the Foreign Policy blog: [Photo from...
by Paulina Hartono | Jun 10, 2008
The 1971 ping-pong match that helped reestablish relations between the U.S. and China will be celebrated this week with a rematch between the original players. From AP: It was an unlikely diplomatic tool amid the escalating...
CDT in the News
- Mind Matters – #WhereIsPengShuai: China’s Star Tennis Player Went Missing
- The New York Times – China’s Silence on Peng Shuai Shows the Limits of Beijing’s Propaganda
- The Hindu – What happened to Chinese tennis star Peng Shuai?
- Vice – How China Managed to Wipe Out All Mentions of Its Most Explosive #MeToo Case
- WSJ – China’s Response to Peng Shuai Allegations Follows Familiar Pattern