While meeting on the sidelines of the Nuclear Security Summit in The Hague on Monday, Presidents...
ping pong diplomacy
by Sophie Beach | Jan 7, 2009
Today marks 30 years since a ping-pong tournament broke the ice between the U.S. and China, paving the way to diplomatic relations. The occasion was marked in Beijing with a rematch. From the Foreign Policy blog: [Photo from...
by Paulina Hartono | Jun 10, 2008
The 1971 ping-pong match that helped reestablish relations between the U.S. and China will be celebrated this week with a rematch between the original players. From AP: It was an unlikely diplomatic tool amid the escalating...
CDT in the News
- Human Rights Watch – Chinese Cyber Legend Vanishes, Raising Concerns
- PRI The World – Front row seat at China’s 100th anniversary celebrations
- Mind Matters – Chinese Communist Party: 100 Years of Erasing, Rewriting History
- The Jamestown Foundation – The 2021 Party History Study Campaign Stresses Revolution and Sacrifice
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’