During a visit to India last week by Chinese defence minister General Liang Guanglie, the two countries agreed to resume joint military exercises. But India remains wary of China’s growing presence in South Asia and the...
by Sophie Beach | Mar 13, 2010
Reuters reports: A Chinese fishing vessel with seven fishermen aboard was hijacked off the coast of Cameroon in the latest attack in the waters of West Africa’s Gulf of Guinea, the Chinese embassy in Cameroon said on...
by Liu Yong | Dec 30, 2009
From Reuters: A Chinese rear admiral has urged the nation to set up navy supply bases overseas in an interview posted on the Ministry of Defense website after China paid ransom to free a ship held for nine weeks by Somali...
by Sophie Beach | Oct 19, 2009
Somali pirates have captured a Chinese ship in the Indian Ocean, MSN reports: China’s Ministry of Transport said relevant government agencies were making efforts to rescue a hijacked Chinese bulk carrier in the Indian...
CDT in the News
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’
- The Jamestown Foundation – Chinese Leaders Project Confidence in Self-Sufficiency Amid Post-Pandemic Food Security Concerns
- Protocol – Censored word lists are ‘proprietary assets’ for Chinese big tech
- What’s On Weibo – The Disappearing Emoji on Weibo in Light of June 4
- Clearance Jobs – Biden Tasks Intelligence Community to Answer Wuhan Questions