In 2016, citizen journalist Lu Yuyu and his then-girlfriend Li Tingyu were formally arrested after having been detained for over a month for chronicling “mass incidents” across China on their “Not News” (非新聞)...
by Cindy | Aug 2, 2019
The wife of jailed human rights lawyer Wang Quanzhang visited her husband for the second time at...
by Cindy | Jul 11, 2019
This week marks the four year anniversary of the 709 “Black Friday” crackdown on human...
by Sophie Beach | Nov 20, 2017
Poet Liu Xia, wife of late Nobel laureate Liu Xiaobo, has not been seen in public since her...
by Josh Rudolph | Aug 17, 2017
Three young democracy campaigners were each given prison sentences for taking part in an...
CDT in the News
- DW – Where is Jack Ma? The mainstream media keep slience
- FT – Beijing orders Chinese media to censor coverage of Alibaba probe
- China Heritage – China’s Virus of Lies in 2020
- VOA Chinese – Year 2020 in Review: Xi Jinping steps up crackdown on independent journalists with unprecedented intensity
- Rest of World – Waving goodbye to Weibo