In 2016, citizen journalist Lu Yuyu and his then-girlfriend Li Tingyu were formally arrested after having been detained for over a month for chronicling “mass incidents” across China on their “Not News” (非新聞)...
by Cindy | Aug 2, 2019
The wife of jailed human rights lawyer Wang Quanzhang visited her husband for the second time at...
by Cindy | Jul 11, 2019
This week marks the four year anniversary of the 709 “Black Friday” crackdown on human...
by Sophie Beach | Nov 20, 2017
Poet Liu Xia, wife of late Nobel laureate Liu Xiaobo, has not been seen in public since her...
by Josh Rudolph | Aug 17, 2017
Three young democracy campaigners were each given prison sentences for taking part in an...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China