Following the announcement of Bo Xilai’s life sentence in court on Sunday, Simon Denyer...
by Josh Rudolph | Apr 4, 2013
Zhao Xiyong, the Shenyang man who had been posing as a departmental head at the State Council Research Office on various “official” trips since 2010, was declared an impostor by provincial and central authorities and...
by 不忘初心 | Oct 25, 2012
As Bo Xilai awaits criminal charges, family and friends have accused the Chinese government of setting obstacles in the path of any independent legal defense. From William Wan at The Washington Post: Bo’s immediate family has...
by 不忘初心 | Oct 18, 2012
Raymond Li at The South China Morning Post reports that Jiao Li, one of the top propaganda officials in China, has been dismissed from his administrative position and possibly stripped of his CCP membership amid swirling rumors...
by Scott Greene | May 1, 2012
Reuters relays new and bizarre details surrounding Gu Kailai, wife of the disgraced former Chongqing party chief Bo Xilai and the chief suspect in the murder investigation into British businessman Neil Heywood: A few days after...
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”