Following the announcement of Bo Xilai’s life sentence in court on Sunday, Simon Denyer...
by Josh Rudolph | Apr 4, 2013
Zhao Xiyong, the Shenyang man who had been posing as a departmental head at the State Council Research Office on various “official” trips since 2010, was declared an impostor by provincial and central authorities and...
by 不忘初心 | Oct 25, 2012
As Bo Xilai awaits criminal charges, family and friends have accused the Chinese government of setting obstacles in the path of any independent legal defense. From William Wan at The Washington Post: Bo’s immediate family has...
by 不忘初心 | Oct 18, 2012
Raymond Li at The South China Morning Post reports that Jiao Li, one of the top propaganda officials in China, has been dismissed from his administrative position and possibly stripped of his CCP membership amid swirling rumors...
by Scott Greene | May 1, 2012
Reuters relays new and bizarre details surrounding Gu Kailai, wife of the disgraced former Chongqing party chief Bo Xilai and the chief suspect in the murder investigation into British businessman Neil Heywood: A few days after...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods