Updated at 21:21:47 PDT on Apr 27, 2021: This post has been updated to note doubts about the reportedly looming census figures. The latest Chinese census may reveal that China’s population has shrunk for the first time in...
by Japhet Weeks | Oct 27, 2008
Shanghai Daily reports: The population will see an annual increase of about eight million people in the next decade and may reach 1.36 billion in 2010 and 1.4 billion in 2020, said Li Bin, director of the National Population and...
by Zhaohua Li | Jun 23, 2006
From Chinadaily.com.cn: China’s population will peak at 1.5 billion in about 20 years while the sex ratio will continue to be heavily skewed towards males, according to a new government-backed report According to a research report released Thursday, the population will begin to gradually drop after reaching the peak. Meanwhile, the number of new-born baby […]
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms