A report on The World discusses the Chinese tradition called “zuo yue zi”, when women enter a month of bed rest with their babies after giving birth. Ruth Morris reports that in China’s expanding confinement...
by Samuel Wade | Jan 4, 2012
At Bloomberg, Adam Minter describes the improbable scientific claims made both for and against clothing designed to protect pregnant women from electromagnetic radiation. A recent CCTV report claimed that the clothing could...
CDT in the News
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’
- The Jamestown Foundation – Chinese Leaders Project Confidence in Self-Sufficiency Amid Post-Pandemic Food Security Concerns
- Protocol – Censored word lists are ‘proprietary assets’ for Chinese big tech
- What’s On Weibo – The Disappearing Emoji on Weibo in Light of June 4
- Clearance Jobs – Biden Tasks Intelligence Community to Answer Wuhan Questions