Following a rebound in the housing market, authorities in Beijing have announced its plans to...
by Sophie Beach | May 26, 2009
AP reports: The government will “speed up research into encouraging private investment” in oil, power generation, telecommunications and other fields, the National Development and Reform Commission statement said....
by Xiao Qiang | Feb 26, 2005
From The Financial Times: China has opened up a number of state-owned and once-strategic sectors of its economy to local and foreign private investment, in a decision that will extend the role of entrepreneurs in industries that have long been monopolised by the government. The sweeping reform – which was announced in a policy document […]
CDT in the News
- VOA – China Media Directives Reveal Granular Detail of State Censorship
- The Jamestown Foundation – Early Warning Brief: Factional Strife Intensifies as Xi Strives to Consolidate Power
- Politico – China’s crypto ban fuels new U.S. wedge issue
- RFA – Meng Wanzhou Arrest, Return Used as Patriotic Talking Point in Chinese Schools
- Colombo Gazette – Digital autocracy in China: An appraisal