Following a rebound in the housing market, authorities in Beijing have announced its plans to...
by Sophie Beach | May 26, 2009
AP reports: The government will “speed up research into encouraging private investment” in oil, power generation, telecommunications and other fields, the National Development and Reform Commission statement said....
by Xiao Qiang | Feb 26, 2005
From The Financial Times: China has opened up a number of state-owned and once-strategic sectors of its economy to local and foreign private investment, in a decision that will extend the role of entrepreneurs in industries that have long been monopolised by the government. The sweeping reform – which was announced in a policy document […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China