Following a rebound in the housing market, authorities in Beijing have announced its plans to...
May 28, 2012
Another week, another sign of strain within China’s economy as the central government steps up its public statements in support of a possible stimulus. Europe’s woes continue to weigh on China’s factory...
Apr 2, 2012
Mixed messages continue to emerge about the state of China’s economy, after an official reading of China’s manufacturing sector defied a negative preliminary forecast and signaled a rebound in factory activity in...
Aug 31, 2011
According to a study by Julius Baer Group and CLSA Asia Pacific Markets, China’s millionaires will account for half of Asia’s rich as well as hold more than half of the wealth in the region by 2015. From Bloomberg:...
May 26, 2009
AP reports: The government will “speed up research into encouraging private investment” in oil, power generation, telecommunications and other fields, the National Development and Reform Commission statement said....
Feb 26, 2005
From The Financial Times: China has opened up a number of state-owned and once-strategic sectors of its economy to local and foreign private investment, in a decision that will extend the role of entrepreneurs in industries that have long been monopolised by the government. The sweeping reform – which was announced in a policy document […]
CDT in the News
- The Washington Post – China shuts down talk of covid hardship; users strike back
- China Media Project – Honoring China’s Heroes
- China-Africa Project – Lockdown “Shout-Out” Videos Featuring Africans Raise Controversy
- DW – Coronavirus: Shanghai residents evade censors to expose life during lockdown
- CPJ – How China is stepping up harassment of foreign correspondents