China’s nearly 300 million students will be studying “Xi Jinping Thought on Socialism with Chinese Characteristics for a New Era” this coming school year, according to guidelines published by the Ministry of...
by Cindy Carter | Aug 7, 2021
The recent announcement of sweeping new restrictions on China’s over $100 billion private tutoring industry has sent education stocks tumbling and investors reeling, led private tutoring schools to curtail expansion and lay off...
by Sophie Beach | May 19, 2005
This article is from the Guangzhou Daily by Zi Feiyu. It has been translated by Joseph McMullin via the Press Interpreter: Since the beginning of May, wave after wave of parents have come to enroll their students in prominent private schools. At the same time, a national debate has been launched since a report in […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods