At Foreign Policy, author of Train: Riding the Rails That Created the Modern World — From...
by Samuel Wade | Feb 22, 2011
Recent reports of a proposed Chinese-built railway across Colombia, bypassing the Panama Canal, have prompted mixed reactions. The Financial Times noted that responses in Colombian newspaper El Tiempo were “split between...
by Xiao Qiang | Jun 18, 2005
From The Asia Times Online: There are big plans to expand China’s railways, but the price tag is equally big: a stunning US$240 billion shortfall through 2020 has been cited in the official media. At least 100 billion yuan ($12 billion) will be needed annually to expand the rail network from its current 75,000km to […]
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms