According to the recently released results of the OECD’s 2012 Programme for International...
by Cindy | May 22, 2013
In their efforts to boost rankings and achieve world-class status, many Chinese universities have implemented hiring and publishing policies that risk undermining collegiality among faculty members. From John Anthony Pella Jr....
by Paulina Hartono | May 7, 2009
Wen Ya reports on a university ranking scandal for the Global Times: The Ministry of Education strongly opposes all university rankings, most especially those rankings based on payment of certain “fees”, ministry spokeswoman Xu...
CDT in the News
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’
- The Jamestown Foundation – Chinese Leaders Project Confidence in Self-Sufficiency Amid Post-Pandemic Food Security Concerns
- Protocol – Censored word lists are ‘proprietary assets’ for Chinese big tech
- What’s On Weibo – The Disappearing Emoji on Weibo in Light of June 4
- Clearance Jobs – Biden Tasks Intelligence Community to Answer Wuhan Questions