According to the recently released results of the OECD’s 2012 Programme for International...
by Grace | May 22, 2013
In their efforts to boost rankings and achieve world-class status, many Chinese universities have implemented hiring and publishing policies that risk undermining collegiality among faculty members. From John Anthony Pella Jr....
by Paulina Hartono | May 7, 2009
Wen Ya reports on a university ranking scandal for the Global Times: The Ministry of Education strongly opposes all university rankings, most especially those rankings based on payment of certain “fees”, ministry spokeswoman Xu...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods