Addressing the Beijing Forum on Literature and Art in October of 2014, President Xi Jinping laid...
by Paulina Hartono | Oct 16, 2009
At EastSouthWestNorth, Roland Soong looks at some modern day reactions to the revolutionary opera The White Haired Girl, one of the Eight Model Plays: Yesterday, veteran editor and cultural critic Xiong Yuanyi came to the...
by Sophie Beach | Sep 29, 2009
An audio slideshow by the BBC takes us through the history of art in contemporary China, from the revolutionary posters of the 1950s and 60s to the 798 art district in Beijing: As China marks the 60th anniversary of Communist...
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”