Addressing the Beijing Forum on Literature and Art in October of 2014, President Xi Jinping laid...
by Paulina Hartono | Oct 16, 2009
At EastSouthWestNorth, Roland Soong looks at some modern day reactions to the revolutionary opera The White Haired Girl, one of the Eight Model Plays: Yesterday, veteran editor and cultural critic Xiong Yuanyi came to the...
by Sophie Beach | Sep 29, 2009
An audio slideshow by the BBC takes us through the history of art in contemporary China, from the revolutionary posters of the 1950s and 60s to the 798 art district in Beijing: As China marks the 60th anniversary of Communist...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods