Addressing the Beijing Forum on Literature and Art in October of 2014, President Xi Jinping laid...
Oct 16, 2009
At EastSouthWestNorth, Roland Soong looks at some modern day reactions to the revolutionary opera The White Haired Girl, one of the Eight Model Plays: Yesterday, veteran editor and cultural critic Xiong Yuanyi came to the...
Sep 29, 2009
An audio slideshow by the BBC takes us through the history of art in contemporary China, from the revolutionary posters of the 1950s and 60s to the 798 art district in Beijing: As China marks the 60th anniversary of Communist...
CDT in the News
- Journal of Contemporary China – Invented Borders: The Tension Between Grassroots Patriotism and State-led Patriotic Campaigns in China
- NYT – A Tiananmen Square Musical Worries About China’s Glare
- Global Voices – In China, questions remain ahead of Huawei’s launch of the Mate 60 phone series
- Rest of World – Heavily persecuted, highly influential: China’s online feminist revolution
- Sky News – Chinese state media appears to censor one of its own videos