While Chinese demand for ivory threatens Africa’s elephants, Yunnan’s 300 Asian...
May 8, 2013
At The New York Times, Andrew Jacobs reports environmentalists’ frustration with the decision to resume damming on southwest China’s Nu River. The new dams are expected to displace as many as 60,000 people locally,...
Apr 7, 2008
From Reuters via International Herald Tribune: On a map on the ecologist Liu Wenjie’s computer, the subtropical southern tip of Yunnan Province is slowly turning from green to red. Rubber plantations, shown in red on...
CDT in the News
- SupChina – 50 days in Shanghai lockdown
- Rest of World – In China, fleeting “cyber protests” leave behind fragile memories
- The Diplomat – China’s Censors Aim to Contain Dissent During Harsh COVID-19 Lockdowns
- The Washington Post – China shuts down talk of covid hardship; users strike back
- China Media Project – Honoring China’s Heroes