Reuters reports that Australian bicyclist Michael Rogers blames contaminated food he ate in China...
by Scott Greene | Aug 21, 2012
With Gu Kailai’s murder trial and conviction yesterday, leftist allies of disgraced former Chongqing party chief Bo Xilai remain adamant that he and his wife are victims of a conspiracy to curb his political rise and have...
by Scott Greene | Jun 22, 2012
The Asahi Shimbun is reporting that Gu Kailai has confessed to killing British businessman Neil Heywood to keep him from revealing the details of her large and illegal overseas remittances, according to Chinese Communist Party...
by Scott Greene | Jun 19, 2012
The French foreign ministry confirmed on Tuesday that Cambodian police have arrested Patrick Henri Devillers, the architect who has become linked to the Bo Xilai scandal due to his alleged business ties to Gu Kailai. From The...
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”