The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
by Sophie Beach | Jun 28, 2010
John Pomfret writes in the Washington Post: Centuries after it led the world in technological prowess — think gunpowder, irrigation and the printed word — China has barged back into the ranks of the great powers in...
by Sophie Beach | Jan 6, 2010
The New York Times reports on Chinese scientists who have made successful careers for themselves in the U.S. but choose to return to China after receiving generous incentive packages from the government: Determined to reverse...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China