Anyone who has boarded an airplane in the last 20 years knows what stands between arrival at the terminal and waiting at the gate: shoes off, laptops out, water bottles emptied …. In China, similar checkpoints also await railway...
by Samuel Wade | Sep 28, 2011
A former U.S. Marine has been charged with attempting to sell information to Chinese authorities while working as a security guard at an American consulate. From Reuters: Bryan Underwood, 31, was arrested in Los Angeles after...
by Sophie Beach | Sep 6, 2009
AP reports on the beating of a journalist by security guards while investigating a death in Guangzhou: A Chinese journalist was checking out a tip that police had discovered a woman’s body this week when he was stopped by...
CDT in the News
- Human Rights Watch – Chinese Cyber Legend Vanishes, Raising Concerns
- PRI The World – Front row seat at China’s 100th anniversary celebrations
- Mind Matters – Chinese Communist Party: 100 Years of Erasing, Rewriting History
- The Jamestown Foundation – The 2021 Party History Study Campaign Stresses Revolution and Sacrifice
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’