Caixin’s Cui Zheng and Liu Zhiyi report on illegal dumping of chemical, bacteria and parasite-laden sludge from sewage plants around China: Promptly at noon on March 17, a heavy truck hauling a dark substance and on a dark...
by Samuel Wade | Jul 12, 2012
China Daily reported on Tuesday that, according to government figures, nearly ten billion tons of industrial wastewater and domestic sewage were poured directly into Guangdong’s rivers last year: More than 9.5 billion tons...
by Xiao Qiang | May 5, 2004
Read this article on China Daily today. It begins: “Sewage allegedly discharged by local plants have killed huge amounts of aquatic life- an estimated 60,000 kilograms of fish – in the Wenjiang section of the Tuojiang River in Zizhong County in Southwest China’s Sichuan Province, local environmental officials said. ”
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”