The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been leaked and distributed online. Chinese journalists and bloggers often refer to these instructions as “Directives from the Ministry...
by Samuel Wade | Jun 28, 2011
The Australian examines a Chinese mining company’s “land grab” in New South Wales, following purchases of coal-rich farmland amounting to AU$213 million. Michael Clift is a sixth-generation Liverpool Plains...
by Morgan Figuers | Aug 1, 2007
By using modern technology, Ling Wen believes that his coal company can be both environmentally-friendly and effectively compete in the international coal market. From the San Diego Union Tribune: Ling Wen seems an unlikely coal baron. A longtime banker with a penchant for smartly tailored suits, he is a rising star among a new generation […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods