As Chinese markets continue to tumble on Wednesday despite a freeze on shares worth $2.6 trillion,...
Shenzhen stock exchange
Apr 24, 2008
Shanghai stock index slumped severely nowadays, but it surged 9.3 percent Thursday because of a cutting tax policy. From AP via Examiner.com: China’s most-watched stock index surged 9.3 percent Thursday – its biggest...
Dec 28, 2007
From AP via CNNMoney.com: China’s stock market wound up a stellar – and turbulent – year Friday, with its benchmark Shanghai Composite index having soared nearly 97 percent, making it the world’s best-performing major stock index in 2007. But worries that authorities will raise interest rates or take other steps to cool the country’s blazing […]
CDT in the News
- Foreign Policy, China Brief – Zero-COVID nightmare
- The Globe and Mail – Locked-down Xinjiang residents face food and medicine shortages, as well as Chinese government censorship
- Czech News Agency (CTK) – Forum 2000 Conference Awards Chinese Journalist Zhang Zhan
- RadarOnline – China Unleashes ‘Comment Flooding’ To Tamp Down Social Chatter From Locked Down City
- WION – Covid lockdown: China censuring people’s pleas on social media amid food and medicine shortages