As Chinese markets continue to tumble on Wednesday despite a freeze on shares worth $2.6 trillion,...
Shenzhen stock exchange
Apr 24, 2008
Shanghai stock index slumped severely nowadays, but it surged 9.3 percent Thursday because of a cutting tax policy. From AP via Examiner.com: China’s most-watched stock index surged 9.3 percent Thursday – its biggest...
Dec 28, 2007
From AP via CNNMoney.com: China’s stock market wound up a stellar – and turbulent – year Friday, with its benchmark Shanghai Composite index having soared nearly 97 percent, making it the world’s best-performing major stock index in 2007. But worries that authorities will raise interest rates or take other steps to cool the country’s blazing […]
CDT in the News
- Journal of Contemporary China – Invented Borders: The Tension Between Grassroots Patriotism and State-led Patriotic Campaigns in China
- NYT – A Tiananmen Square Musical Worries About China’s Glare
- Global Voices – In China, questions remain ahead of Huawei’s launch of the Mate 60 phone series
- Rest of World – Heavily persecuted, highly influential: China’s online feminist revolution
- Sky News – Chinese state media appears to censor one of its own videos