A majority of more than 62,000 respondents to a Sina.com poll support allowing same-sex marriage under China’s Marriage Law, according to Tea Leaf Nation’s David Wertime: The poll allows respondents four choices: “I...
by Samuel Wade | Nov 23, 2011
Political astroturfing by the “50 Cent Party” is a well known phenomenon in China, with legions of commenters paid to push the government line: see, for example, CDT’s translation of likely 50 Cent posts...
by Samuel Wade | Apr 15, 2011
The Guardian’s Jonathan Watts reveals the results of the second China Environmental Press Awards: Yang Chuanmin of Southern Metropolitan Daily won the in-depth investigation award for the second year in a row, firmly...
by Japhet Weeks | Dec 22, 2008
Sina Corp., which operates China’s most popular Internet portal, will acquire the country’s largest digital advertiser, Focus Media. From The Wall Street Journal: Under the new deal, Shanghai-based Focus Media...
by Sophie Beach | Oct 27, 2004
According to TheStreet.com: “Investors were looking at big profits in Chinese Internet stocks Wednesday after Sina (SINA:Nasdaq) reported a blowout third quarter after the bell. The aggressively traded Web portal said first-quarter earnings rose 24% from a year ago to $14.5 million, or 27 cents a share, on a 65% revenue increase to $52.5 million. […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods